Two Factor Authentication
To use Google Authenticator on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you must have iOS 5.0 or later. In addition, in order to set up the app on your iPhone using a QR code, you must have a 3G model or later.
Downloading the app
- Visit the App Store.
- Search for Google Authenticator.
- Download and install the application.
Setting up the app
- Under the users page of your Optinium Control Panel Account, select the user for whom you would like to set up Two Factor Authentication.
- Under the section titled 'Two Factor Authentication', click on the button which is labelled 'Setup Two Factor Authentication'.
- On your phone, open the Google Authenticator application.
- Tap the plus icon.
- Tap Time Based.
- To link your phone to your account:
- Using Barcode: Tap "Scan Barcode" and then point your camera at the QR code on your computer screen.
- Using Manual Entry: Tap "Manual Entry" and enter the email address of your Google Account. Then, enter the secret key on your computer screen into the box next to Key and tap "Done".
- To test that the application is working, enter the verification code on your phone into the box on your computer next to Code, then click "Verify." The clock icon on your phone will let you know how much time is left before the verification code expires and a new one is generated.
- If your code is correct, you will see a confirmation message. Click "Save" to confirm. If your code is incorrect, try generating a new verification code on your phone, then entering it on your computer. If you’re still having trouble, you might want to verify that the time on your phone is correct.